Thursday 25 November 2010

The Sockcreatures


It was a great pleasure to meet John Lakey of Odd Sock Creatures at @The_Pitch last week.

It was a fantastic day, had by all I'm sure. I made some great contacts, contacts with such great passion about what they are doing and full of inspiration.

Quite amazing really, that we often pay for mentoring, yet, when a great host of entrepreneurs get together, pitching their ideas and guests, how much advice we can all share to the benefit of each other.

I wonder, perhaps, if it's time for 'group mentoring' a place where we can all meet and exchange ideas, without being a networking event as such. As it appears that when such people are together, in an environment like last week, everyone seems so much more relaxed and willing to network without even realising it.

Anyway back to sockcreatures. John Lakey, among others who I met, is a truly fantastic guy. Together with his wife, they design, produce and distribute the most amazing product, bringing together the whole family. Real interaction between children and adults/parents.

A great way to spend some quality time together as a family, instead of watching endless hours of TV. And at the end, your child will have a wonderful creature to be proud of, love and cherish for years to come, knowing that they have made their own little pet creature.

John, as the great man he is, with his wife, put together a wonderful sockiraffe, hope he doesn't mind me calling it that :-) and posted it to me. I received my sockiraffe this morning, and brought a real smile to face, yep that's right, a smile to my face, cheered my day up no end.

Thanks to you John & your Wife, for the time and effort you have put in to my sockiraffe, it is very much appreciated and will be placed in my office in a prime position.

No comments:

Post a Comment